Wednesday, November 4, 2009

A fun way to learn/study (las Novelas)

I enjoyed reading joyce post about the novelas as I was identifying with what she was describing. For me I was frustrating myself with learning this new second language spanish...everytime I thought I was making some progress I would listen to native speakers talking and could maybe pick out one or two words. I decided to watch and listen to the novelas and for me the talk was even faster then the maching gun fire that Joyce spoke about. I decided to put up the captions and began to read and suddenly what I have been learning in my edufire classes started to make sense. I know that verb, oh lo tengo= I have it lo comes before the conjugated verb, comprarlo oh lo is after the infinitive and he said it with force BUY IT. Now it's starting to make some sense when is my next class? Now I'm watching the novelas sitting by my computer with 3 windows open (dictionary,translator,conjugator) I am into the story I have more than a basic knowledge of whats going on, I am learning new verbs, phrases. I am having fun watching tv and really realizing that I am learning and studying at the same time. To be continued